A word of praise for Medion

plsndrs3 11:57 04 Nov 03

Hi everyone,

I know that there are many postings on the great value that Medion provide with their own [& re-badged] PCs, but I also occasionally read negative comments about their support service so I thought I'd share my own experiences.

Last year, I had to do a full reformat and the support received from Kevin B was beyond what was necessary, given the unique way Medion will not support products purchased through DSG. This is due Dixons refusing to allow this level of support direct from Medion. This is posted at click here.

However, as some of you may know from my previous postings, I am about to install a larger HD to my PC & had concerns about whether the recovery disk would work so I called them [on their national rate number] for support. The response from Carl has, once again, been exemplary. He has sent emails to me explaining in idiot language - I need it that basic ;o) - how to go about ensuring that the recovery disk will work for this larger, new drive. This is despite the fact that I have moved several times since purchasing the desktop PC without updating my warranty and the fact that I was very open & explained that in all probability the PC was no longer within the standard support timescale & that I bought from DSG so should be using their premium rate helpline.

I just wanted to point out that not all PC manufacturers are poor and not all Support lines are overcharged and manned by Jobsworths!!!!

Well done Medion.

Regards,

Paul

Stuartli 14:28 04 Nov 03

Good to know..:-)

Stuartli 14:28 04 Nov 03

Good to know that you received first class after sales service no matter what the time scale.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…