Woollies to Iceland

realist 19:27 09 Jan 09

Ours isn't, is yours?

click here

sunnystaines 19:32 09 Jan 09

not ours either, quiet like iceland too.

tullie 19:37 09 Jan 09

No.

dagnammit 21:21 09 Jan 09

I find this interesting....

The M&S Simply Food that is closing in Newtownards was originally an Iceland Store. Now Iceland are coming back to take over the vacated Woolies premises in the town.

Good news all the same! Some jobs for the locals who have lost, as I mentioned, a Woolies and an M&S branch.

iscanut 21:27 09 Jan 09

Not ours either AND M&S Food outlet is closing down !

dagnammit 21:36 09 Jan 09

where?

ronalddonald 00:05 10 Jan 09

live in Pinner and the branch in Pinner itself is not being brought out by Iceland, the one that is being converted will be the in Rayners Lane.

Stuartli 00:20 10 Jan 09

Ah, Rayners Lane tube station...:-)

Used to have an aunt who lived in Pinner and that was where we got off the tube train.

Sad that M and S is closing about 27 of its Simply Food outlets, but the current financial situation seems to be far worse than many realise.

The Kestrel 12:43 10 Jan 09

Were there not rumours that Iceland was in trouble not long ago, because of their Icelandic owners and the finacial crisis in Iceland? It seems odd that they can now afford to expand on such a scale in the present economic climate.

oresome 14:02 10 Jan 09

As all retailers know, the positioning of the store is everything. Woolworths has some prime sites, even if they didn't make the best use of them.

Stuartli 16:46 10 Jan 09

The position of the Woolworth's in my resort town was a prime location and had been for decades.

It was also used as a throughfare from the main shopping centre road to the railway station due to having main entrances front and rear, so footfall was exceptional.

The main problem with the retailer was that it didn't really offer many goods or services that were any different to others.

So there was little reason for people to make a special visit to buy such items.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5