wirelessly streaming media to my TV?

im_iceman 13:32 PM 06 Oct 11

Hi - I'm struggling to find an answer to this one..

I have media on my laptop and on my DLNA enabled phone (Xperia arc) which I want to wirelessly send to my TV..

I don't want hard disk storage, or internet access or any of that.. I just want an adapter that I can plug into my TV's HDMI input and connect wirelessly or via a cable to my router.

I can then detect it from my phone or my laptop and send stuff to it to play on the TV..

I really don't want complicated over engineered solutions that provide me with loads of extra features... it all adds cost!

Can anyone point my in the direction of a UK supplier for this product?!

Thanks.

bremner 13:40 PM 06 Oct 11

You need a media streamer like this Streamer that will enable you to stream from a computer or NAS.

I think you may struggle with regard to the Phone.

iPhones can do so to an Apple TV using Apples Airplay software but I have not to date heard that a similar thing exists for the Xperia perhaps another member has.

im_iceman 14:19 PM 06 Oct 11

Hi - Thanks - I've looked at them and it's not really what I'm looking for.. I just want a DLNA receiver.. something that I can "search" for from the PC, connect to and squirt the media - same for my phone - ie.. I'll use the phone or the laptop as the media server...

Cheers. Alan.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay