Wireless USB ?

Steveola 13:57 20 Oct 03

I am currently trying to get a setup where I can use my PC from another room in the house.

I have the video sorted, with the use of a PC Video sender which transmits the video to my TV.

now, I am stuck as to how I need to go about extending the range of my Keyboard & Mouse.

I thought a Wireless USB hub would be an ideal solution, but from what I can see, the only Wirless USB adapters are for Networking purposes. This isn't what I need.

Anyone have any ideas?

Any help or comments / suggestions would help me out a lot.

Thanks guys.

Pumas 00:33 21 Oct 03

How about a wireless keyboard and mouse. You can get them quite cheap now. Have a look: click here

Pumas 00:34 21 Oct 03
  Steveola 20:38 21 Oct 03

Ah now, that was my first thought, however these wireless devices being based on inra red technology rely on a line of sight between the adapter and the peripheral.

I also researched the RF style wireless keyboard / mouse devices which dont have to be pointing at the adapter, but as I suspected the range is limited to about 2 metres.

I need to use the keyboard and mouse in a different room at the other side of my house (about 20 metres as the crow flies).

Forum Editor 20:53 21 Oct 03

You can do this wirelessly, or via a cable connection and two modules. It's routinely done in the corporate world for PowerPoint presentations - the presenter stands at the screen whiile a colleague operates the presentation with a keyboard and mouse from the back of the room.

Be warned - the wireless version isn't cheap (around £250) but that gets you a special keyboard and mouse. It will work up to 100 feet or so. The cable version can operate over far greater distances - up to 300 feet.

click here to take a look at thr wireless kit.

Steveola 16:28 22 Oct 03

Thanks for that, its just what I seem to need, but what a disgusting price tag!!!

Shame manufacturers seem to cash in on business specific devices, I bet it only costs about 50 quid to manufacture.

So I will keep looking (and hoping) for a cheaper solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…