Wireless router problem

yellowarmy 23:06 04 Aug 14

I am currently having a problem with my wireless router. It's fine all day till the phone rings and the minute I pick it up the signal will go for a minute . I can see my belkin router flashing orange then it will go back to blue while I'm on the phone but the minute I put the phone down the signal goes for a minute then comes back. Any help would be very much appreciated please.

lotvic 23:44 04 Aug 14

Have you got filters? ClickHere

A microfilter is a device that allows broadband to work at the same time as your telephone service. Without microfilters you may get problems with your BT broadband or experience noise on your telephone line.

Normally, you'll need a microfilter for every telephone socket in your home where you've got some kind of telephony or broadband equipment plugged in.

user659 23:52 04 Aug 14

Yes, I've heard of that too, especially if you have an answering machine that has wireless handsets and they all use the 2.4GHZ band. Newer stuff uses 5 GHZ and that may be the solution for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…