wireless router - hard wired problem

nhojnhoj35 08:39 22 May 06

I put a Belkin wireless router in this weekend (model as recommended from this site!)

The wireless connection to my laptop is fine but my main pc which is hardwired is very erratic.
For large parts of the day it is fine then suddenly it either stops working entirely or goes at the speed of a dial up modem connection.

if i turn off and reboot the pc it seems to go ok for a while again.

if i look in the belkin status page at then i occassionaly see a `no connection` message. if i reconnect then it says `connected` but it doesnt make any difference to the performance.

i'm on pipex and have used a thomson speedtouch adsl modem for two years and can count on one hand the number of times i had problems with that set up so it is definately related to the belkin modem.

any help would be gratefully received. i intend to ring the helpline at some stage but wondered if anyone mght have a simple suggestion.

rsinbad 18:14 23 May 06

For a response to your problem please close and post in the network forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…