Is this wireless router any good?

Naeris 14:51 07 Jul 06

I have been tempted by this wireless router on ebay but want to know if it's any good:

click here

I know it's cheap but I can't afford the higher priced ones. My set up is as follows:

One main pc downstairs to be on network
A second pc upstairs (not to be connected as yet though)
Broadband to be shared
Printer to be on network
One laptop to roam the house with (wifi enabled)

Would I get away with this cheap and nasty unit do you think? I don't know much about networking so if this one is too crappy, how much am I looking at to pay?

rmcqua 15:26 07 Jul 06

It doesn't look too bad. I really don't see how you can go wrong at the price, provided that there is a "guaranteed working on receipt" clause. I would give it a try.

ade.h 16:33 07 Jul 06

Just bear in mind that you might not get much specific support from the forum if you need it; I don't know of any network-savvy forum member who uses an Airlink.

Please try to avoid duplicate postings, by the way click here

Naeris 18:37 07 Jul 06

Thanks for the comments, will give it a whirl.

PS In the duplicate post you mentioned ade, I actually checked it as resolved and posted at the end of the thread that I was moving it (there seems to be no function for moving threads on here except for mods prob!).

ade.h 18:39 07 Jul 06

Okay, no worries.

Devil Fish 19:16 07 Jul 06

its wireless b class the standard at the moment is wireless g so you will need to check compatibilty with existing devices if you have any laptop included

click here

Naeris 19:44 07 Jul 06

Ahh, will savvy myself up on wireless a bit more then before I buy anything. Thanks!

ade.h 19:53 07 Jul 06

What's your budget?

Tim1964 20:02 07 Jul 06

With 4 days still to go you may find the price shoots up at the end to not much less than a 'shop bought' one.

mgmcc 09:19 08 Jul 06

Also be aware that it is a "stand alone" router, suitable for use with Cable broadband (NTL/Telewest); it is *NOT* a combined router & ADSL modem for use with an ADSL connection.

Naeris 11:43 08 Jul 06

Ref tim1964 - it's a buy it now item!

mgmcc thanks for that, do I need to buy a combined router then? Stupid me thought I could just plug in my adsl modem!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac