Wireless Router

flycatcher1 17:47 09 Aug 07

My BT Voyager 2091 Router does not provide the coverage that I need - in fact it gives very little cover at all.
I am looking to buy a new Wireless Router and I am interested in a Linsky Wag325n-UK Unit, £85.99 from Ebuyer. Cost always matters but I am looking for performance and I am prepared to spend my children's inheritance !
Any info or pointers would be appreciated.

dukeboxhero 21:47 09 Aug 07

you might find more info in the networking forum,
i use the netgear DG834G found it very easy to set up and havnt had any problems with it

flycatcher1 21:56 09 Aug 07

Thanks for your response dukeboxhero I had not noticed the other forum.

Picklefactory 16:15 13 Aug 07

I bought Linksys WAG354G based on trawling net and finding it highly recommended. I have, however, had nothing but trouble with it, or them I should add, as I'm on my 2nd. 1st one worked well for a couple of months, then comitted hari-kari and I had to return it. Replacement has not functioned correctly from day one, every day or two I have to reboot it as internet access dies. My ISP stable rate is through the floor due to the router issues, I am about to send this one back and chase refund. I would stress that the Linksys support has been excellent, their live chat set up I've found to be quick, free and has very patient and informed operators. I will not be replacing with another Linksys. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but bitten twice now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009