wireless printer info please

Bike-it 18:55 28 Jan 09

I am looking for a wireless printer/ scanner. copier but am unsure which one to go for, are wireless printers reliable in terms of not dropping connection while in use?
Also are these printers hard to set up?

laurie53 20:20 28 Jan 09

I have an HP wireless MFD.

No problem with wireless printing from my pc and two laptops, but other functions such as scanning are very hit and miss wirelessly.

Can be a bit frustrating to set up.

Depends how good you are!

Bike-it 20:25 28 Jan 09

can it be used connected to either the pc or laptop?

harps1h 21:17 28 Jan 09

try the lexmark4000 deries. they are easy to connect wirelesly, just run the software on each pc that will print from it, making sure one pc is hardwired when first setup

€dstowe 21:46 28 Jan 09

Unless you have an absolute need to use the printer (or anything else) wirelessly it may be better to avoid this method completely. More trouble than it's worth in many cases.

laurie53 07:34 29 Jan 09

Not a matter of either, but both (or all three in my case).

As long as the printer is switched on you simply click on "Print" in the normal way and then collect the printing next time you're in the room where the printer is.

For scanning to the pc or similar tasks it is better to use a wired connection as €dstowe suggests.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…