Wireless Networking.

XP Medic 06:41 14 Jul 05

I have broadband and with to be able to share my connection with my laptop.

I am not sure what's the best configuration. Do I go with a router or an adsl router. Friends have told me that if I go for a router I will have to configure the connection all the time as I don't have my pc on all the time, but having an adsl wireless router you don't have this problem. Is configuring the connection each time a long process or a simple process?

Also what else do I need? My laptop is wireless ready apparently.

As you can guess I am new to networking, infact I can honestly say I know nothing about it, so any information and advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation

georgemac © 06:59 14 Jul 05

I don't know about a router, but can definitely recommend a wireless adsl router. Make sure though when you set it up, follow the instructions to secure your network using wep.

click here is the one I have been using for friends lately, and I have managed to log in and set up the router wirelessly without using a LAN cable

TomJerry 09:14 14 Jul 05

adsl router IS a router with adsl modem build-in.

Both will do the same job. If your adsl modem do not have ethernet (lan, network) connection port, you need to buy a adsl wireless router (basically, a wireless router with adsl modem build-in) because all router connect to modem by lan port, NOT usb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…