Wireless Network upgrade

joebloggs1 20:15 18 Nov 07

I have a home network that I have had in place for few years now. It runs on IEEE 802.11 b/g standard using a router from a company called INEXQ. I also have 2 network PC cards, and an Acer laptop that connects fine through it's built in card. It generally works great except for my sons bedroom which is diagonally opposite and one floor up from the router etc. He doesn't get great reception and is OK for MSN and general browsing etc but also likes to game. He has a PS2 but it disconnects all of the time. If I upgraded to MIMO or N standard router / modem to get better coverage, I assume I would also have to buy 2 network adapters for my son and daughters PC. However we also have a laptop, and I am thinking of getting him a PS3 for xmas. Would you expect these to connect, or would I also need to buy adapters for these two units. If this was the case I would need the router plus 4 adapters and it would be getting very expensive?
I did try network ethernet plugs, but they didn't work great. My other alternative would be to put wires in, which will be a lot of messing about but lots cheaper and I would guess a lot better.
Any advice form anyone who has considered these issues before would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Editor 23:35 18 Nov 07

modem/router click here on my home network, and have nothing but good things to say about it.

It runs with a variety of desktops and laptops, and there's never once been a problem connecting anything. Obviously you'll need to get some decent wireless adapters if your son and daughter want to go gaming, but you can certainly use the laptop's built-in wireless adapter - it will connect with no trouble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…