Wireless network setup recommendation

VNAM75 19:48 25 Jul 06

I want to create a wireless network between 2 pcs and a laptop, to share files and a ntl cable broadband connection, all running XP home. I'll have 2 pcs upstairs and a laptop downstairs.

What do I need, how much would it cost and how do I set it up? Would a wireless router and a network card in each computer be adequate? I dont want to spend more than £80 in total. Would be grateful for any links/prices.

ade.h 20:14 25 Jul 06

This would be more appropriate in Networking. Ask the FE if he can move it for you.

freaky 20:24 25 Jul 06

We have got 3 PC's of which 2 are in the same room and one is in another.

We have an NTL Cable Modem connected to a Belkin Wireless G Router 2.4Ghz-802.11g. And 3 Belkin USB(2) External Network Adaptors connected to each PC. Bought it all from PC World for about £100. Very easy to set up and all works great.

We used Network Adaptors in preference to Cards because you can move them about to get the best reception.

It's an advantage to buy from PCW as you can discuss it with them, and easy to replace a faulty component.

As long as the Cable Modem and Router are connected to a switched on power supply, then any/or all of the PC's can connect to the internet.

VNAM75 21:26 25 Jul 06

OK, thanks. Never thought about external network adapters.

Harpur 21:48 25 Jul 06

take a look at /click here. this will bring you inside your budget. i have the modem router and the adapter and they work a dream.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…