Wireless Home Networking

Rhuddlan 18:48 02 Aug 04

I have a desktop pc with win xp home and am considering buying a laptop also with xo home for work, and want a wireless home network. I have been looking through the new Argos catoluge and have seen a wireless network card and usb cable for the laptop and desktop pc around £35.00 for each and a wireless router, for around £90.00. I want wirelss and these are made by Belkin which have a good reputation, so do u think going wireless is better??? and are these 3 items worth purchasing at Argos???

SEASHANTY 20:24 02 Aug 04

Probably cheaper at Amazon
click here
You could also check out Broadband Buyer UK
click here

safemode 21:25 02 Aug 04

Argos, don't they sell cheap kids toys?

forget argos, yes wireless is a good idea especially if you have a laptop, just a couple of things to consider/remember, make sure that all the wireless componants your buying all use the same wireless standard eg, 802.11g.

and most importantly make sure you potect your wireless network buy encrypting all data sent and received, you don't want some spotty kid sat outside your house getting free net access or even worse checking out your bank details, luckily most wireless hardware now supports encryption, so no additional items needed. but just make sure its setup right.

James

[email protected]

byfordr 22:23 02 Aug 04

If not try DG834G click here free adapter for either desktop or laptop £94 all in.

For assorted deals on other brands click here

R

Rhuddlan 22:41 02 Aug 04

Thanks for the help everyone, I have a bit more knowledge of networking now, Rhuddlan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…