Winscreen repair or replacement due?

TopCat® 18:24 14 Feb 11
Answered

For Info.

The second largest windscreen repairer in the country, Auto Windowscreens, has gone into administration. Potential customers are asked to use a different company. TC. click here

Forum Editor 18:31 14 Feb 11

had come together to cause the firm to call in the administrators."

Something that will happen quite a few times before this year is out, I fear.

961 19:22 14 Feb 11

"Delays in introducing a new IT system"

How often have I heard that

When I worked in banking, time and again, when the computer or the software didn't work, the enterprise collapsed, and the bank pulled the plug

When I moved into my own business one of my major suppliers decided to employ consultants to write a new software system that would update ordering and purchasing, saving thousands. It didn't work. 6 months later, the firm was bust, with 250 jobs down the pan

A great friend who ran a car dealership/petrol station got into exactly the same situation when he tried to amalgamate three computer systems into one "super job" He spent the next ten years (voluntarily) paying off creditors, rather than just declaring himself bankrupt and walking away

On this occasion I defer to the Forum Editor who has no doubt spent most of his working life watching just this sort of thing happen

The only guys who ever make money are the lawyers and the administrators. (Got many friends among them too, I'm afraid)

Colin 21:02 14 Feb 11

It's not surprising. The company I work for use them for their vehicle glass and in the last 12 months their service and invoicing has become diabolical. We had already started using a different supplier so shouldn’t notice too much disruption. It’s a shame for the staff but someone’s misfortune is another’s fortune. The glass replacement industry is huge so I hope the ones that are left can cope with the increase in work.

spuds 00:14 15 Feb 11

I notice that they were still running television adverts this evening?.

peugeot man 07:02 15 Feb 11

Spuds
are you sure that you are not confusing "Autowindscreens" with "Autoglass"?

I have seen "Autoglass" adverts, they are not the ones in difficulty.

spuds 17:59 15 Feb 11

You could be very right, possibly my misunderstanding when I saw the crack in windscreen advert.

I notice in todays papers that all the staff have been placed on unpaid leave, so it doesn't look to good.

TopCat® 13:11 25 Feb 11
Answer

It has been announced today that 1100 jobs will go at Auto Windowscreens. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…