Windows XP student licence

wint 20:32 09 Feb 03

Hi, Anyone know if I can still buy Windows XP on a student licence? It was available a while ago, but now when I want one, I can't find it.

ajm 21:31 09 Feb 03

Action/Insight have this for £37.99+ VAT

click here

best regards

AJM

Peter E 21:43 09 Feb 03

I'm not aware that you can buy Windows XP on a student licence unless you are a student whose educational establishment has a Campus Agreement licence with Microsoft. You can buy Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition for students and teachers. That's not what you are thinking of, is it?

SpyMan²°°­­³ 00:04 10 Feb 03

I bought windows XP Pro the other day for £35, fully legal fully working edition. I was so pleased with my purchase i even mentioned it on this very site.

BUT, the site moderator didn't believe me...he sent me an email basically telling me that i was lying and that it was impossible to get it athat price, he removed my post and told me not to post anything else on the matter again.

I know for a fact that you can get hold of windows and office on student license. All you need to do is go to your uni or college library or computer room help desk. They will sort the rest out for you.

Terrahawk 01:11 10 Feb 03

google search over 4500 matches XP student licence

jazzypop 02:11 10 Feb 03

I realise you were asking about Windows XP, but PCWorld are doing a deal on the Student version of Office XP. £120 gets you a copy, with an Epson C42 printer thrown in as well.

Follow the Link from ajm.

Forum Editor 15:16 10 Feb 03

I think that, before you launch yourself into print about what I said, and didn't say you should make sure you are telling the truth.

What actually happened was that you offered to sell copies of Windows XP to other forum users for that price, and when I wrote telling you that you couldn't do that legally you tried to pretend that you had been joking.

I did not tell you that you were lying at all, What I actually told you was that you, as a student cannot 'legally' sell Microsoft educational licences - and that's a fact. I asked you not to repeat your offer again.

If you must repeat the gist of a private email correspondence between us in the open forum you should at least get your facts right.

wint 16:20 10 Feb 03

Insight it is.

Peter E 21:26 10 Feb 03

Will you let us know if they sell it to you? I think it's available at that price to academic institutions only.

Regards

They will sell it to you, as an individual and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the "Accademic" version of Win XP.

This is an "EDucational" version and is quite different to "accademic" which are for a large number of users in an accademic institution.

The Catalogue number is 22-18-08 as taken from my invoice (Dated 01/11/2001). As for another myth, the disk is in the box and you do not have to have any forms "signed" or validated to prove your entitlement to the product.

To be eligible, you need to be a student, teacher or a parent of a student (Incl primary/ secondary and higher education).

Its a great offer by MS to mitigate some of the cost of the software and considering how many people will qualify by virtue of having kids, not one to be abused.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…