windows xp pro

IMAGEDKTR1 22:20 26 Jul 04

hi there i have decided to upgrade to xp pro and on searching the net for best prices i am amazed that i can find a company selling this item for this price . i find xp pro selling at anything up to £250 (ish) yet this company sell it at £75 yup thats right £75
if anyone has had dealings with them i would like to know the results of this as it seems absolutley absurd they can cut the price by this much. ta in advance

IMAGEDKTR1 22:23 26 Jul 04

oops i forgot a link click here the site

IMAGEDKTR1 22:26 26 Jul 04
  TomJerry 22:55 26 Jul 04

OEM version of XP: Home £60, Pro £90 both from ebuyer click here

Pro does not provide much feature you need over home.

To be totally legal, you need to buy a qulify hardware to use OEM version, for example, you can get a hard drive to qulify it. But someone said, ebuyer will sell you OEM version without hardware.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:45 27 Jul 04

There is no logical reason why a home user would need the pro version of XP.

G

Stuartli 09:47 27 Jul 04

Read up the differences at:

click here

I'm very happy with XP Pro - the most stable OS I've ever experienced and I've been using computers since 1980.

IMAGEDKTR1 21:10 27 Jul 04

There is no logical reason why a home user would need the pro version of XP.
G

cant seem to recall saying anything about being a home user,if you dont mind may i buy it for my laptop which i use for work ?

Stuartli 09:31 28 Jul 04

XP Pro's networking and security attributes make it a much better choice for business use.

Aristocatman 20:52 30 Jul 04

Having used both I know which I would chose especially running a small home network Pro gets the vote every time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…