Windows XP

HondaMan 14:22 PM 29 Oct 13

An interesting article China. I will be changing to a Mac when this computer dies as I am no longer prepared to be held hostage by Microsoft. I intend to run XP, or possibly 7 on a Mac via Parallels. There will, no doubt be problems, and no doubt those who will say I am foolish to do this, but frankly, the decision is made!

spuds 15:28 PM 29 Oct 13

I was doing one of my regular hospital visits the other week, and quite a number of monitor's were still showing the XP screensaver?.

iscanut2 16:57 PM 29 Oct 13

Good luck but what is this post doing under "Tech Consumer Advice " ?

HondaMan 17:02 PM 29 Oct 13

It's as good there as anywhere else. Where would you have put it?

finerty 18:45 PM 29 Oct 13

im still running xp alongside linux mint

iscanut2 18:58 PM 29 Oct 13

No offence, but I was not sure as to what advice you were suggesting !

HondaMan 18:51 PM 30 Oct 13

I think I must have had a slight case of "the hump" No offence taken, I was merely expressing my discontent with Microsoft and their upgrades and, I suppose, trying to get a feel for other members thoughts at my suggestion of running Windows on a Mac via parallels. Wherever I go, no Apple dealer can demonstrate thius actually working. They all say it does work, but nobody can PROVE it by showing it in operation.

retep888™ 14:21 PM 31 Oct 13

<< I will be changing to a Mac when this computer dies as I am no longer prepared to be held hostage by Microsoft. I intend to run XP, or possibly 7 on a Mac via Parallels >>

I'm a little confused if you don't want to be held hostage by MicroSoft then why running Windows at all.

<< trying to get a feel for other members thoughts at my suggestion of running Windows on a Mac via parallels. Wherever I go, no Apple dealer can demonstrate thius actually working. They all say it does work, but nobody can PROVE it by showing it in operation. >>

I prefer Boot Camp to Parallels which actually slows my Mac down but to be honest I haven't used Windows for some times now.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED