Windows Washer 6.0 Does not work

Zero-Kool 21:59 24 May 05

WARNING TO ALL WINDOWS WASHER 6.0 USERS!
After testing Windows washer 6.0, I have found out the built-in files shredder DOES NOT WORK.
After setting it up to shred files 100 times each, to wash file slack space. And to add Bleach files. IT STILL DOES NOT WORK!

Using iolo.com Search and Recover 2 i was able to recover ALL files including COOKIES, WEB HISTORY, CACHE. Yes all the files windows washer was meant to shred!

Webroot Quote:

"You can make your wash more secure by adding "bleach." The overwrites each file that Window Washer deletes with random characters. You cannot recover bleached files using an undelete or unerase program."

End Quote.

This is simply untrue. The Add Bleach option does not work which means it does not matter if you set the shredder to 10 or 100 shreds per file.

And you guest it, the same problem goes for WW 6.0'S deep cleaning option, as again it need to 'ADD BLEACH' option to work...

I HAVE CONTACTED WEBROOT AND AS YET NOT GOT ANYTHING BACK FROM THEM.

I recommed if you use this product, use another one at least till Webroot short this issue out.

Webroot are losing alot of peoples trust.

NEW IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT THE ABOVE TOPIC!

After contacting WebRoot, they have created a fix for this problem which you can download from there site.

Before you download this fix which is for windows washer 6.0 please read the info below:

Please make sure that you have completely uninstalled Window Washer from ALL user accounts on your computer by following the below instructions.

1. Close Window Washer.
2. Click Start at the bottom left side of your screen.
3. Select Control Panel (it may be under Settings).
4. Double-click Add or Remove Programs. A window opens.
5. Select Window Washer.
6. Click Change/Remove.
7. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the uninstall process.
8. Reboot your computer.

After you reboot your computer, please run this installer from ALL user accounts as well, then reboot your computer again. After the second reboot, please install Window Washer 6.0 again on JUST the account with Administrative rights.

click here

After this i checked WW Again with iolo.com's Search and Recover and yes it works.

When you use WW with the shredder set you should now see on the wash screen your shredder number eg: (*35) if you set the shredder to shred files 35 times or what ever number you set it at...

CASE CLOSED!

Zero-Kool 22:01 24 May 05

Bye yall

The Spires 17:25 25 May 05

There was the same issue on version 5.xx of Window Washer also.

anniesboy68 23:04 25 May 05

Any idea if the latest offering from Webroot re Window washer ie Version 6 Build 6.0.4.410 overcomes the problem. I carried out the "instructions" in your post but it didn't work with the previous version? AB68

anniesboy68 18:03 12 Jun 05

I think it works now with the new download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…