WINDOWS UPDATES QUESTION help requested please

boisslavesx2 15:23 25 Feb 15

Hi all, could anyone advise me on Windows Updates. I have 141 updates waiting to be installed. I did install around 135 of them last week but, having taken around 5 hours to download, they had the effect of 'messing up'(slowing down etc) many of my regular programmes..eBay, Google Chrome , email etc. It was so bad that I reverted the laptop to before the updates and all was well again. I am just concerned that some of the waiting updated are vital. Any advice would be very welcome please.

john bunyan 16:50 25 Feb 15

It does take time but in my view it is best to keep up to date. You could try installing, say, 20 at a time - or just let it run overnight. Do ensure SP1 is installed.

john bunyan 16:50 25 Feb 15

It does take time but in my view it is best to keep up to date. You could try installing, say, 20 at a time - or just let it run overnight. Do ensure SP1 is installed.

wee eddie 18:42 25 Feb 15

How full is your Hard Drive after you've downloaded all the Updates?

john bunyan 20:46 26 Feb 15

wee eddie

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, fully up to date. All my programmes are on a C: partition of 130 Gig capacity. Windows (updated) takes up 27.6 Gig, out of a total of 70 Gig in use on that partition (Includes quite heavy programmes like Photoshop CS5 etc), and a lot of "User" files..

With fairly large drives being the norm, I think it false economy not to keep up to date.

wee eddie 01:55 27 Feb 15

JB: To the best of my knowledge, we were not discussing your PC. If the loading of the all these Updates has filled his Hard Drive into that critical last 20%. That would explain the slow operation

john bunyan 09:00 27 Feb 15

wee eddie

No - I thought you were asking me, sorry. However it may be helpful to see others experience.

I will await the OP's reponse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…