//some 3rd party need geo

Windows ME S/W Reload

Chessman 09:41 27 Jul 03

Can anyone advise me on the correct way to reload my Windows software? I intend to clean out the old "creaky" installation and start again with a clean system. My question is do I have to load the original Windows 95 system disk, Windows 98 upgrade disk, Windows 98SE upgrade, Windows ME upgrade disk? Or is there a quicker way?

jazzypop 09:45 27 Jul 03

Just use your ME upgrade disk. During the installation process, it will ask you to insert your 'qualifying product' disk, just to confirm you have it.

Start with the most recent disk, i.e. the W98se disk. If it is rejected for any reason, insert the W98 disk, and so on.

spuds 13:27 27 Jul 03

I have had recent major problems with corrupt WME.Tried to re-install over existing O/S but had bad results. In the end I had to have a complete reformat done.So if you have any programmes, that you want to save, make sure that you have a back-up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…