//some 3rd party need geo

Windows Live Safety Center (beta)

anchor 16:38 21 Dec 05

"Get full service for your PC".

"Windows Live Safety Center is a new, free service designed to help ensure the health of your PC.

Check for and remove viruses
Learn about threats
Improve your PC's performance
Get rid of junk on your hard disk

Use the full service scan to check everything, or turn to the scanners and information in the service centers to meet your specific needs".

click here

Anyone tried this yet?.

Minkey1 17:20 21 Dec 05

Hi Anchor

Been watching this for a while as I'm quite interested in a one stop solution for all security issues. Tried it for the online scanning, defragging, and disk clean, and all worked fine. The benefit for lazy sods like me is that your system admin can be done from one place, instead of the separate tools which XP already has.

I think the full beta inc Firewall & AV is still only available to US residents, and in any event if you've only the one machine & OS, you maybe wouldn't want to entrust these crucial functions to a beta application.

I've no doubt that - unlike MS AntiSpyware - Bill etc will be charging for the full suite when it's released, and there will be many who will continue to use the various free programmes instead, and would expect Windows to have this level of protection built in. I currently use Kerio/Avast/SpyBot/ Adaware etc but wouldn't mind paying a reasonable fee for a RELIABLE integrated solution.

I do firmly believe you ultimately get what you pay for, but I'm sure many others would disagree !

Mike

Minkey1 00:54 23 Dec 05

Hi Anchor

Looking again at this, I think I've confused the Live Safety Centre with Windows Onecare click here tho' this does include a scanner & tune up element. Are they all part of the same thing ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…