Windows Live Mail

Terry Brown 22:38 12 Feb 11

I have been using a selection of Email programs, Outlook, Gmail & Virginmedia for my email, and recently combined them all to run via Outlook express.

I have heard about the Windows Live for XP, and thought to try it. Very Disapointing, I have gone back to Outlook.

Have you tried it (Windows Live) and what was your reaction?
Terry

ams4127 23:07 12 Feb 11

I use WLM all the time with no trouble. The only slight gripe is the time it takes to load. I have it configured to pick up all my mail from my various accounts and this it does.

I've tried Thunderbird and quite liked it but I hate Outlook and refuse to have it anywhere near me!!

Forum Editor 00:03 13 Feb 11

from Speakers Corner.

birdface 09:30 13 Feb 11

Not had any problems with it.
I used Incredimail for years but my Anti-Malware program did not like it and issues so many warning about it that I switched to Windows Live mail and like ams4127 I have it pick up all my mail from my various accounts.

numskull 10:37 14 Feb 11

I kept getting problems with WLM. I would crash then would not open e-mails so I have uninstalled it.

numskull 10:37 14 Feb 11

oops! It would crash.

Woolwell 11:34 14 Feb 11

The thing about Outlook is that is not just an e-mail program. I quite like it and it usually syncs well with other devices eg smartphones (calendar, contacts, etc). Windows Live Mail doesn't seem to sync as well especially the calendar. I mainly use Outlook and had until recently Windows Mail and the Live Mail on my laptop. I am now using Thunderbird on the laptop. I found it took some setting up and getting used to but I now prefer it to Live Mail.
I have not had any crashes with any them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced