Windows live mail

steve263000 15:00 07 Feb 09

I am using Outlook at present for my email use, but have been wondering is Windows Live mail better and worth the switch? And if I do install it will it take all my present messages and contacts or will this be a complete new install and I will have to put all the messages in myself and save?

acfc 17:22 07 Feb 09

I use Live mail on 2 of my PCs but may main one has Outlook as it has additional features. I also have Microsoft Office Outlook Connector installed so my online diary is synchronised wherever I am. MS could improve this by syncing the main Outlook Calander with the Live one instead of just being able to access it via outlook but that will probably come soon.

If you use a hotmail account, messages and contacts will sync but if not you'll have to export to a fle then import what you need.

To summarise I see no reason to downgrade from Outlook to Live Mail

steve263000 09:19 08 Feb 09

Thanks for that acfc. I had not realized that it would be downgrade. From all the hype I thought that it would be an improvement. And I do not really want to export all my mail and contacts. Thanks very much for the information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…