Windows 7 Books For Senior Citizens.

Fred Spoons EPNS 09:53 AM 13 Apr 11

Hello.I'm trying to help a senior citizen friend of mine find a suitable book to help her get to grips with Windows 7.I've seen the '...Dummies' series but don't think it suitable.My preference would be to find a book written by a senior citizen for other senior citizens get to grips with W7. If you can suggest anything suitable within the UK,I would be most grateful for your help.Thank you very much.

lucky1 19:31 PM 13 Apr 11

Suggest you try the 'Shopping' section of this site. Go to the top of the page and click on 'Shopping'. They have a fair bit in the beginners category which might be of interest. Regards.

Fred Spoons EPNS 19:41 PM 13 Apr 11

Hello.Thank you Lucky1 for this info.The overview seems to indicate this book may well be better than the 'Dummies' one. I'm sending my friend a link to let her know there is something suitable for W7. All the best.

Lexmark 17 09:49 AM 14 Apr 11

This sounds great, for sure the senior citizens also deserve the same enjoyment that the younger people usually get from great gadgets!

spuds 10:04 AM 14 Apr 11

I would suggest that you look on the Amazon or Ebay websites. Some reviews and good prices. Generally I find that some of the books on these two websites are second-hand or new, but in fairness, I have never purchased a second-hand book that wasn't virtually new looking at a far reduced price. But you must take postage into consideration, but even that is sometimes offered free.

If you have a local PC World, then have a browse in there, because they carry a good range with some for the senior person. But prices there can vary from about £4.99 upwards.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone