Windows 10 ready laptop for office and videos

Thowango 20:34 03 Jun 15

Dear all,

Now that my old HP HDX16 is dead, I want to buy within the next 2/3 weeks a new laptop.

I would like from the laptop to answer the following criteria:

• Windows 10 ready
  • Intel’s 14nm Broadwell processor (or Core M, even if I've read that the latter tends to make some laptops overheat)
  • Regarding my use, I do mainly office work (so having several instances of Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Chrome open at the same time) and I watch videos (streaming, series, movies... in HD)
  • A good battery and the ability to carry it with me (it does not need to be 3mm thick however)

I already took a look at some laptops like the Dell XPS 13, Lenovo Lavie Z or Z51, or Asus' Zenbooks, but it is hard to know which to pick. I also hesitate to borrow a laptop for some months and wait end of summer/September to buy a new one, as Windows 10 will be released, but I do not know if it is worth the pain.

Any opinion and advise would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

onthelimit1 08:32 04 Jun 15

Can't advise on most of your questions, but any laptop running W7, 8 or 8.1 will be entitled to a free upgrade to w10 in the summer.

Thowongo 20:30 06 Jun 15

Ok thanks for your answer. I've heard of the free upgrade programme, so I am looking for a laptop ready to run properly Windows 10 (with Cortona, Office) and make the most of it.

I've seen the Asus Zenbook series with matte screens and also Lenovo Thinkpad. Do you guys have an opinion on them?

Many thanks,

rdave13 01:34 07 Jun 15

Any i5 or even better, i7, expensive laptops should do all you need and more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…