Windowless Novatech Laptops

BrentJ 23:26 28 Jun 06

Hi
Novatech have centrino laptops for £438 total delivered WITHOUT windows...

click here

I can't find any reviews on novatech... Anyone got any advice?

Cheers
BrentJ

BrentJ 23:51 28 Jun 06

BTW The other laptop I was looking at was an NEC M5410... at about the same price delivered £432

click here

Which is a better bet? Is there a better deal about that I've missed? I need to order something fairly soon and missed out on Dell's bargain the other week...

BJ

Zaphod 3 03:01 29 Jun 06

Absolutely top class service, that some other retailers should aspire to.

Taff™ 08:04 29 Jun 06

click here I ordered one last week with an extra 256 Mb RAM (+£45) Delivery arrived next day! Don`t opt to pay extra for this - City Link are mustard! Very impressed and ordered another two yesterday.

DVD Dual Layer writer at this price. Battery Life is over two hours. Widescreen 15" - pretty good colour depth. Free 3G PAYG Vodaphone Datacard (Optional to change to a contract) Speaker quality surprisingly good although could perhaps do with a little more volume.

Hurry! No more stock available when these are sold.

Another bargain on the same site. Leather Case with wireless Presenter Kit click here Excellent Quality and so many pockets you`ll lose stuff in them! Haven`t tried the Presenter kit because the two I ordered were snapped up by my mates. (They were so impressed I had Free drinks all night!)

Taff™ 08:06 29 Jun 06

Oh Yes - and you get a XP Home preinstalled. You`ll need a blank DVD to burn a copy of the recovery DVD as part of the set up - be warned!

spuds 08:27 29 Jun 06

Novatech, a no quibble, no problem company. 1st rate service.

Stuartli 09:05 29 Jun 06

Novatech consistently receives considerable praise in these columns - I'm surprised you've missed such threads...:-)

rmcqua 14:58 29 Jun 06

I have bought 2 Windows-less laptops from Novatech within the past 6 months, one for my wife and one for my University daughter. Nice machines and appear to be good value for money. However, both have developed hardware related problems with the DVD drive not being recognized by the machine. Novatech sorted out the first one quickly and efficiently; the second one is away with them at the moment for the same treatment.

Noldi 20:44 29 Jun 06

I would not buy a lap top with less than 15.4" display. Dell at the moment have one for about 500 pounds with windows. But I have not looked to see if Novatec have any 15.4" Laptops

Noldi

Noldi 20:50 29 Jun 06

Just had a quick shuffty.
click here
If you dont mind 15" display and save a few quid.
Noldi

rmcqua 08:49 30 Jun 06

Just to fill in re. the customer service aspect, Novatech 'phoned today to say they had identified the fault with the second laptop - DVD drive had come loose and its electrical connection with the m/b had been lost.
It has been fixed and will be delivered back tomorrow. I have no complaint with that type of customer service and, whilst of course I would have preferred the problems not to have arisen in the first place, I will certainly use Novatech again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…