Will Evesham...

livewire 14:46 19 Aug 07

Send out an on site engineer to replace a faulty hard drive?

My laptops hard drive is having the "click of death" experience and sometimes doesn't boot (drive doesn't show up in BIOS)

Is it likely Evesham will send out an engineer to replace the drive? or will it need to be sent to them?

I have paid for an on-site warranty, but with past experience what you pay for is never what you get - ive never EVER had an on site engineer from Evesham :(

Surely a quick hard drive swap should be easy for an engineer?

its like a 10 minute job!

What do you think?

Kate B 14:49 19 Aug 07

Er, have you asked Evesham that question? They're the ones who will give you a definitive answer.

livewire 14:53 19 Aug 07

Tech support is closed today :(

livewire 14:54 19 Aug 07

I guess my real question is.. is it "reasonable" for them to?

oresome 19:26 19 Aug 07

It's strange why the average engineer can only accomplish around 6 of these 10 minute jobs in a day!

Although I do agree that an on-site warranty shouldn't be sold for a lap-top.

oldbeefer2 11:21 20 Aug 07

I was under the impression that Evesham folded a couple of weeks ago? click here .

Probabilitydrive 11:31 20 Aug 07

Indeed, evesham went into receivership. However, their call-out service is still operational. 3 weeks ago I arranged for a call-out. the engineer arrived, did a troubleshoot and had all the parts (mobo, RAM) with him to do a professional repair. Based on that experience I would say, eveshams customer service is still very good.

However, this was a desktop repair. On occasions I read that evesham requested a laptop to be returned to base for a repair. The only way to find out is giving them a ring and asking all the right questions.

hereford456 17:55 20 Aug 07

The New Evesham is meant to be better & more improved than the old one.
Same staff just all performing better than before.
Or so goes the speel in a well known Computer mag!

basser 20:43 20 Aug 07

I was watching the shopping channel Ideal World today. they are selling a Evesham PVR as the pick of the day, if you did not know they had been in trouble nobody was going to tell you.

harps1h 20:53 20 Aug 07

"It's strange why the average engineer can only accomplish around 6 of these 10 minute jobs in a day!"

replacing a hard drive is hardly a ten minute job!!
what about the OS install and resultant drivers

jakimo 11:40 22 Aug 07

Evesham having been taken over by Geemore Technology are not legaly bound take over any commitments to Evesham customers,just hope for the best

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac