WiFi Home Technology Plans

_plAsma 22:27 26 Jun 04

Hi there! I have had my home 'wired' up with WiFi for quite a few months now...
I am quite a technical person and was wondering how far i can go with this WiFi, what can i do with WiFi when taking it to the limits? I recently upgraded to 802.11G for faster speeds, i have thought about media streaming to TV's, wireless security cameras...what else am i able to do?

I only do general wireless internet and file sharing at the moment....

_plAsma 17:22 27 Jun 04

Bumping my own thread...

Arthur Scrimshaw 18:39 27 Jun 04

ummmm...

get out more?

_plAsma 18:41 27 Jun 04

...Thanks for that..

Danoh 23:19 27 Jun 04

Until WiFi entertainment devices become mainstream, you may wish to consider constraining your WiFi transmission to avoid interference with a neighbours setup or vice versa. Doubt anyone would want to listen in and pick up your transmission from the road outside, but its something you might wish to investigate. Look up materials being developed, albeit for high-security installation (with prices to match). This will give you an insight to the physics involved and you will have fun trying to find lower-tech and therefore cheaper alternatives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…