Wi-Fi hotspot finder

Al94 21:22 04 Jul 05

I know they are out of stock at the moment, but has anyone tried one of these? click here

spuds 23:08 04 Jul 05

Ebuyer click here have a similar unit. Kensington Wifi Finder [Quickcode 63682] at £13.95. Last check a couple of minutes ago, 109 in stock, with reviews.

Stuartli 00:51 05 Jul 05

Try:

click here

There are many other similar websites - I listed most of them in another thread about two months ago.

Cost? Nothing...:-)

Stuartli 00:53 05 Jul 05

Try:

click here

There are many other similar websites - I listed most of them in another thread about two months ago.

Cost? Nothing...:-)

TomJerry 16:22 05 Jul 05

If you have WIFI ready laptop, you can use it to find spot with a great program called Netstumbler click here.

If you do not have WIFI ready laptop, what is the point to find spot.

So the conslusion is that it is a useless gizmo.

Kate B 18:51 05 Jul 05

Not totally useless - such a gizmo saves you opening up the lappy and firing up Netstumbler!

Al94 20:10 05 Jul 05

Thanks for the opinions - Kate B, that is exactly what I was thinking plus it's a cute keyring!!!

Dipso 21:37 05 Jul 05

Scan do a couple too. I saw one on offer on "Scan Today" a while ago and am watching for it again as my birthdays coming up ;) click here or click here but sorry, no cute keyring included with these ;)

Forum Editor 23:12 05 Jul 05

are excellent. As Kate says, they save you the faff of firing up your laptop just to see if there's a wireless access point in the vicinity. With your wireless detector you just press a button and watch the lights.

I've been using the Kensington model mentioned by spuds for a while, and it does exactly what it says on the tin - a brilliant little gadget.

GibsonSt19 12:39 06 Jul 05

Cheapy - click here

Not so cheapy, but better - click here - this is O.O.S at the mo though.

Dipso 13:54 07 Jul 05

Scan have the 2 hotspot finders I mentioned on Scan Today...today! I have placed my order for the cheaper one as it has a greater range, but no keyring :( ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…