wi-fi choice

wicked22 15:52 PM 07 Apr 12

If i bought a motherboard that has a Lan but not a wi-fi, do i need to buy a wi-fi card/board and plug it onto the motherbord or do i need a usb wi-fi adaptor? i have a Belkin wireless router at home, any advice please.

KRONOS the First 16:21 PM 07 Apr 12

You can either plug straight in to the motherboard from the router by using an Ethernet cable. Or you can buy something like this. PCi Wi-Fi which will plug into your motherboard.

wicked22 17:46 PM 07 Apr 12

Thanks for a reply, how would i know if its compatible for my motherboard? i have a "Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3" and my router is a Belink, would i need to get a Asus pci-wi-fi or the same make as my router?

bremner 17:51 PM 07 Apr 12

Just use a USB wifi dongle. Amazon

KRONOS the First 18:34 PM 07 Apr 12

Any one will fit and no you do not have to get the same make as your router.I am assuming you have Windows 7 so just make sure it is compatible.

wicked22 18:37 PM 07 Apr 12

Yeah i have windows 7 going to be 64bit, thanks for reply, gonna find a gfx card now and hope these 2 items will fit nicely.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED