wi-fi choice

wicked22 15:52 07 Apr 12

If i bought a motherboard that has a Lan but not a wi-fi, do i need to buy a wi-fi card/board and plug it onto the motherbord or do i need a usb wi-fi adaptor? i have a Belkin wireless router at home, any advice please.

KRONOS the First 16:21 07 Apr 12

You can either plug straight in to the motherboard from the router by using an Ethernet cable. Or you can buy something like this. PCi Wi-Fi which will plug into your motherboard.

wicked22 17:46 07 Apr 12

Thanks for a reply, how would i know if its compatible for my motherboard? i have a "Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3" and my router is a Belink, would i need to get a Asus pci-wi-fi or the same make as my router?

bremner 17:51 07 Apr 12

Just use a USB wifi dongle. Amazon

KRONOS the First 18:34 07 Apr 12

Any one will fit and no you do not have to get the same make as your router.I am assuming you have Windows 7 so just make sure it is compatible.

wicked22 18:37 07 Apr 12

Yeah i have windows 7 going to be 64bit, thanks for reply, gonna find a gfx card now and hope these 2 items will fit nicely.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Driverless cars in the UK - The story so far: How Google and the UK Government are looking to test…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…