why so many fraudulent sites in google shopping?

AL47 10:59 01 Aug 09

i been using google to look for a sat nav, new monitor and tv, google keeps producing a site called

marketwal

it obviously fraudulent, WOT gives it a red rating, stuff is too cheap, but i can see alot of people falling for ir!

and its annoying, cause prices from start at £XYZ but when you look, its always tjis site!!

spuds 11:16 01 Aug 09

Have you reported this particular site to Google!.

AL47 11:24 01 Aug 09

will they remove it?

birdface 12:35 01 Aug 09

A lot of site give the address as .co.uk.But are actually in china or somewhere like that.It was on the news last night.

birdface 12:39 01 Aug 09

From another thread.

click here

Not sure if it is the same problem as yours but thought that it might be connected.

AL47 14:15 01 Aug 09

its not quite the same, it is a .com, but does pretend to be english, as said, anything with a WOT red ring gets avoided by me, yet again this little addon has saved me, tho this one i wouldve checked out, to good to be true

birdface 16:39 01 Aug 09

WOT has saved me a few times but occasionally you open a green safe site.Then click on something in it and you get the WOT red warning.I prefer it to Site Advisor but just wondering if there are any more good ones out there for free use.Not keen on the AVG Link scanner either.

AL47 17:11 01 Aug 09

no, link scanner wasnt good, wot also lets you see personal comments by people

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…