Why no Mesh Best Buys since 2009?

1936 11:19 27 Dec 10

I was looking on the Web to see if I could find any Mesh computers under the Best Buy heading and the best I coud find was a mention in September 2009 for a Mesh Matrix II 550BE PCA so what has happened to Mesh?

iscanut 14:23 27 Dec 10

Read all the various posts that have already appeared in these forums and form your own opinion !

Marko797 14:42 27 Dec 10

click here from here on PCA.

Despite the comment from iscanut, there is nothing wrong with Mesh PCs, in my experience.

I have 2 and they have performed superbly, and continue to do so. One of them is over 6 yrs old, and the other less than a year old.

It's the customer services end where the problems exist, and it is this area where the majority of comments are focused. Mesh PC build is good; it's getting the PC from them which is the problem.

iscanut 15:11 27 Dec 10

I did not say or infer anything was wrong with Mesh. Some of the post have been for Mesh, others against. All I said was form one's own opinion !

kennythejoiner 09:08 28 Dec 10

I haven't seen many for mesh other than usual ringers posting

HondaMan 18:54 28 Dec 10

Are you insuating that people would lie about having a faultless Mesh computer? That is certainly one interpretatioin of your post.

1936 20:26 28 Dec 10

I bought a Mesh Matrix 3500+ (PCA) in February 2005 with the following specification:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Processor: 2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 64 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache.
Main Circuit Board: Board: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. A8V Deluxe Rev 1.xx
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1009.007 12/22/2004
Drives: 295.35 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity 207.62 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space.
A 420 Watt PSU

It has given good service and I am considering replacing for two reasons.
The first is because I read about Windows 7 and the like and wonder if I am missing anything by sticking with XP.
The second reason is that the computer is becoming very slow which may be as much down to all the applications that I have loaded plus an accumulation of the sort of rubbish that one would expect over five years.

I thought about getting it upgraded but then read that its a waste of time upgrading anything over two years old so I retreated to the thought of another Mesh but the problem is that I have not seen one mentioned in the best buy recommendations of the computer magazines and as a non technical person I rely upon their suggestions.

KremmenUK 06:53 29 Dec 10

Probably because they can only test a PC if it actually arrives :-)

961 10:08 29 Dec 10

Buy what the business community buy. They can't afford them going wrong (or not arriving)

And, by and large, they don't

click here&

1936 11:08 29 Dec 10

How do you know that Mesh have not sent any computers to be checked out?

As for Dell I have to say that I can find no recommendations for their Desktops recently and as a non technical person I value the analytical methods that most computer magazines check new computers through. However, as a creature of habit I prefer names I know rather than names such as Cyberpower and Aria even though they received good mentions in this months Computer Buyer.

KremmenUK 11:47 29 Dec 10

If you want a computer with superb after sales service then consider Novatech.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5