Why II like Amazon women...

Stuartli 14:54 08 Jun 04

I had occasion to order some CDs from amazon.co.uk on Friday teatime and had compiled my choice to just top the £25 mark and qualify for free delivery.

As amazon.co.uk has had my payment and address details on file for two or three years, I went to the checkout and was just about to enter a gift voucher code when the better half demanded my immediate presence.

It proved, as usual, to be of no great importance, and I returned to my computer, checked the CD list again and hit the Send key.

Just as I did I realised I hadn't entered the voucher code, but didn't panic, and attempted to cancel the order with the intention of re-submitting it.

To my surprise the page detailing my order had a message declaring that the order had been accepted (by this time the confirmtion e-mail had arrived) and that I couldn't make any changes to it or methods of payment as it was in Despatch mode.

I sent off an e-mail outlining the circumstances and received a reply on Saturday afternoon asking for details of the voucher code and its value.

I did so and later in the day another e-mail stated the order had been despatched; a second e-mail brought the news that it was too late to apply the voucher to the order and that I would receive a refund in the form of a cheque within one to two weeks.

Yesterday (are you still with me) another e-mail brought the news that a cheque had been both issued and posted.

This morning (Tuesday) the cheque arrived - in fact it's done so before the order itself, which is due to land on my doorstep anytime between today and Thursday.

So many thanks to the Amazon women involved (not intended in any way to be a sexist remark) who've proved, yet again, that amazon.co.uk takes some beating for choice, keen prices and after sales customer care.

tomleady 15:20 08 Jun 04

i once had vouchers for Amazon and when i tried to use them, apparently they didnt exist :(

afetr at least ten emails, they finally agreed that my vouchers did exist, but i had to use them on a new order. oh well.

but you thread shows that they must have improved somewhat, or maybe you just got lucky ;)

Stuartli 15:45 08 Jun 04

No, I don't think I got lucky - I've praised amazon.co.uk many a time in these forums and so have many others.

Just as with Crucial and other online retailers who consistently receive accolades from forum members, it's because it's been thoroughly deserved.

I remember a couple of years ago when I had occasion to extend fulsome praise to TDK and Minolta in Customerwatch, the FE decided to set up an "award" scheme to mark such service.

A number of companies were subsequently granted the honour, but it seems to have died the death now.

Might be time to ressurect it again...:-)

Forum Editor 17:34 08 Jun 04

Amazon = excellence. They show other online retailers how it should be done.

iscanut2 12:51 10 Jun 04

I can add to praise for Amazon. There have been a couple of occasions when a CD has failed to arrive in post. They have always replaced straight away without any hassle.

The Tick Tock Man 13:21 10 Jun 04

I recently bought a scanner from Amazon. Thanks to ParcelForce (don't get me started on them!) it never arrived. After one email from me, Amazon immediately dispatched another scanner (I was amazed!). Can't praise them enough.

interzone55 15:05 10 Jun 04

I ordered three books from one of Amazon's marketplace sellers.
As usual the £2.75 postage was added to each book, even though all three were from the same seller, and on the same order.
The value of the order was debited from my switch card the next day, and an email from Amazon stated the books would be with me in 1-2 days. A week later and no books. So I emailed the seller. Got an automated reply requesting the code numbers of the books, so I replied with the code numbers.
I got another automated reply saying the code numbers didn't exist in their catalogue.
At this point I emailed Amazon. I got a prompt reply from a person, also sent to the seller.
Still no books arrived, but a week later I got a refund.
So the seller gets 2 weeks interest on my money, but I get no books. I suppose it's one way of making money

Ordered items from them on 26th May for first class delivery (next working day) and am still waiting...

All items were in stock when ordered so I am a little annoyed that I could have selected 'Super Saver delivery' and paid nothing for such a long wait.

byfordr 09:27 11 Jun 04

Drop them a quick email. I did when Business express delivery took longer than it should have. Got a full refund, and apologetic email straight away. To be fair I rather suspect it was the dodgy delivery companies fault (Parcel Farce)

R

Stuartli 10:13 11 Jun 04

I don't know if we are just lucky in my area, but ParcelForce has always provided an excellent service.

By the way, I've been listening to the Diana Krall and The Corrs CDs since the postman dropped them into the porch on Wednesday morning...:-)

I think I'll do that...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…