Why is Crucial ignoring me ?

JSNET 19:18 05 Sep 04

I bought 2 256MB 144-PIN SODIMM 32Mx64 PC133 CL2 memory chips from Crucial on the 16th July 2004.
They were selected for my Inspiron 8000 laptop from their memory selector.

With both DIMMs installed, the machine failed to boot and I contacted Crucial Support to report this. Initially they were very quick at helping me and suggested tests to try. I eventually got the laptop working with 1 256MB chip from Crucial and one of the original 64MB chips. I emailed the results of a whole evening of testing to Crucial and asked for the next step I could try, but Crucial now ignore my emails and I don't know why.

I am reluctant to return the order because I need the extra memory and all I want from Crucial is the help and support they advertise.

Has anyone else had a problem with their support service?

Forum Editor 21:11 05 Sep 04

for customer service, and it's very rare to see a complaint about them in the forum. Oddly enough I had a bad experience with them myself some time ago - the promise of a return phone call to provide advice about a trickly laptop memory problem was never fulfilled - I'm still waiting for the call.

Perhaps you're experiencing the same thing - a rare and unaccountable glitch in their system. Instead of emailing them why don't you call them? You'll get a real person and a helpful response, I'm sure of that.

Stuartli 09:59 06 Sep 04

I'm amazed you are having a problem with Crucial - it's probably the most efficient and customer service orientated company in the UK and further afield come to that.

As the FE says, a phone call should resolve your problem in double quick time; the staff normally know their products inside out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…