Wht does this mean?

rins36 23:53 14 Apr 03

Free Music

click here

From wht I read u dload 30 albums for nothing, no obligation etc, when I clicked on the said item, & gave username/password etc it took me to a page where i had the option to choose amount per month paid to dload the said music

Can anyone explain please

instant^mash 00:13 15 Apr 03

Id for btopenworld, but what youve described sounds like SPAM!

For example - AOL - FREE trial, but you have to provide your CC details first ( and then then they start billing you even when you think youve opted out after the trial, this happened to a friend).

crx16 00:30 15 Apr 03

its the same service thats been offered by freeserve and HMV for the last year.

you can choose to stream\save\burn music.

the company behind it is OD2,was headed by Peter gabriel.

from what i see its just as expensive as the shops(if you want to burn the tracks to CD)

search for 'digital download day' there have been a few threads in the past.

Stuartli 00:40 15 Apr 03

Tiscali offers a similar service.

spuds 00:43 15 Apr 03

Tiscali have just started a similar scheme. You can get a choice of music downloads for 'free'.But this depends on whether you are using 56k or broadband, as to the amount of download you can obtain. Always be a little wary as to sites that require credit card details.

Kyomii 05:55 15 Apr 03

This is known as a music club were you pay a monthly/yearly charge that allows you to download a specified amount of music per month and burn to CD.

Regarding AOL:

>>>AOL - FREE trial, but you have to provide your CC details first ( and then then they start billing you even when you think youve opted out after the trial, this happened to a friend).<<<

You don't have to give CC details - you can give bank details over the phone upon installation.

In order to cancel your free trial, you have to telephone AOL at least seven days in advance (or ten days in the case of DD) of the finishing date. (You still get the full month's acccess.)

You also have to write a letter of confirmation then you will not be charged.

Many make the mistake of cancelling two or three days before end of trial and don't send written confirmation and therefore get charged the following month.

The cancellation procedure is clearly outlined in the free trial terms and conditions, which often don't get read fully.

rins36 22:49 15 Apr 03

on click here

******** bt i guess

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…