Whose Responsibility?

VideoSentry 13:56 24 Dec 07

I purchased a router from Ebay which has been lost in the post,the sellers have proof of postage but who is legally liable to chase the Royal Mail Me or Them?

v1asco 14:51 24 Dec 07

08454 04 05 06 will be your best option,but it is Christmas Eve. I got through to them in 2 rings last week. Excellent service.

Or
click here

a quick search has not turned up a direct answer but basically, you have not received anything so you have no need to pay. It seems as if the seller has agreed that there is no delivery, you have the right to cancel the order in any case, so just claim your money back under this click here see if things go wrong.

I am no expert but feel the seller is the one with the Royal Mail contract, will the Royal Mail let you speak for the seller, I doubt it and why should you.

Forum Editor 14:56 24 Dec 07

Technically, goods ordered online, or via mail-order are sent 'at the seller's risk', which means that the seller is responsible for any loss or danage that may occur whilst the goods are in transit.

Rayuk 17:00 24 Dec 07

If you paid via Paypal you can open an Item not delivered dispute unless seller has proof of delivery not proof of posting then you will be refunded in full by Paypal

Rayuk 17:01 24 Dec 07

Item not received
click here

VideoSentry 17:42 24 Dec 07

One of the reasons I asked is the the seller says they sent it on X date and the E bay page says Y.
I think I shall return the the "signed for slip" which I thought was proof of posting but find it is only proof of delivery,and their reluctance to assist with the claim in other information.
So Yet again:
Many thanks to this Forum and Best Wishes ( even Christmas Ones ) to those that are that way inclined.
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…