Which wireless Router Modem

scp99 12:06 23 Jun 06

Hi,

Am considering upgrading my current wireless ADSL router modem. Curently use a draytek 2600we.

I want a faster wireless network so am considering upgrading to the latest draytek router.

I need a decent amount of coverage and reliability, but thought the new draytek a bit pricey, though I do know reliable and robust.

The funtionality required is minimal only requirement really is to upgrade the encryption from WEP to WPK as current router only supports WEP.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and idea of price.

Many thanks

Al94 13:12 23 Jun 06

I would recommend Netgear, and perhaps this one click here

scp99 14:26 23 Jun 06

Thanks for suggestion, have clicked on link.

The Netgear DG834PN RangeMax MIMO-G Wireless ADSL Modem Router with 4-port 10/100 switch
Seems to be what I am looking for.

Does anyone know whether you buy these specific router/modems from a high street outlet or are they only available over the internet, as planned to install over weekend.

any advice would be appeciated.

spuds 16:58 23 Jun 06

Most well known computer stores will or should stock this product. I know Ebuyer have them in stock, and possibly PC World. If you want one super fast, then try PC World click here and check the collect from store price.

ade.h 17:34 23 Jun 06

See my response to: click here. The same applies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…