Which Webcam?

einstein10 14:59 04 Nov 03

Hi All,
I'm thinking of getting a webcam but there are so many out there I don't know which to get. The reviews which exist on the net don't really help. I was hoping you guys who have one could help me out. I was thinking of spending about ?60. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Stuartli 17:35 04 Nov 03

You can buy a D-Link NetEasy 350 Pro for well under 20 (pounds) from Scan of Bolton (click here) and for very little more add a digital radio for your PC.

The NetEasy uses a proper CCD sensor, 640x480 top resolution and in every way matches Creative equivalents costing twice as much or more.

I know because my son swapped his D-Link for my (then) 45 (pounds) Creative Video WebCam Plus some time ago for some reason or other which I've now forgotten.....

Smudge 23:45 05 Nov 03

Take a look in some of the gadget magazines for small digital cameras that work as both webcam and standalone digital cameras (albeit not exactly 5mp of quality!).

I have an original Sipix stylecam blink and it's great to take fun shots away from the pc, but equally can be hooked up and used live (not that I've tried net meetings but I'm sure it will do it).

anchor 16:19 06 Nov 03

Have a look at a similar recent thread

click here

If you want the best; go for the Logitech QuickCam pro 4000

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…