Which Web cam?

Zak 18:31 01 Jan 07

I am thinking of buying a web cam for use with Skype. I am looking for something in the £20 and under range.

1.I cannot envisage using the web cam for any other purposes - so basic features only?

2. Some come with headsets - are these usb?

3. I already have a headset, plugging into the sound card.

4. I am using an 8 year old Dell 17" CRT monitor, so the web cam needs to be able to sit on monitor.

I would be very grateful for some recommendations please.

bluto1 20:31 01 Jan 07

Is your PC up to the System requirements?
click here

As for the web cam you can`t go far wrong with Logitech.I suggest you have a look at the PC World website and see what yhey`ve got. There`s a Sale on now.

jolorna 20:41 01 Jan 07

click here for bluto1 link

bluto1 22:41 02 Jan 07

Thanks for that.I was in a hurry last night.

Border View 23:12 02 Jan 07

Bought myself one for Christmas from Tesco - Logiteck QuickCam Messenger with built in microphone. Specifically for use with Skype. Excellent. Just over £20. They do a one without the microphone, but with this you install the software (drivers) plug in the USB and away you go.

Zak 21:15 03 Jan 07

Thank you all for your advice and information. I have been looking at the Logitech webcams on the internet. Special thanks to Barmoor as you have helped me to reach a decision.

Stuartli 21:34 03 Jan 07

Logitech webcam on BOGOF offer for £11.99:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…