Which vendors are on here?

PurplePenny 22:07 29 Dec 03

Just out of interest - which vendors have a presence here? I've only seen Mesh and Evesham recently.

Penny

leo49 22:11 29 Dec 03

Only Mesh regularly - Evesham only when the moon is blue. Time used to but lost interest and have disappeared.

bfoc 22:41 29 Dec 03

Evesham have a very regular presence and I believe Time have a new rep, after a short interlude when the previous one left. Mesh do also have a very regular presence.

All the above also have 'dedicated' email addresses so forum memebrs can contact them should they need to.

Forum Editor 23:42 29 Dec 03

by Microsoft, although they appear to prefer not to post, and I can't divulge details of their login username or frequency for data protection reasons. Poweroid computers are here, and will in threads that relate to their company.

Other companies have registered with us, and no doubt keep an eye on things, but they don't post in response to threads about their products or services.

As we have said many times, we welcome manufacturers and vendors here, but it's up to them - we can't (and wouldn't want to) bully them into posting, any more than we would allow them to use the forum overtly as an advertising or publicity medium. There's nothing wrong with a company telling us how good their products and/or services are, but in has to be in context - we're not here to host "my computers are better than your computers" type threads or posts. That would (in my opinion anyway)tend to undermine the integrity of the forum.

PurplePenny 01:37 30 Dec 03

Thanks FE - it is interesting to know that there are quite a few vendors out there keeping an eye on us. I can understand why they would want to do that without posting - they can read what we really think of their products and services.

On the other hand it does seem to be good PR for the ones that do respond to complaints and queries.

I shall mark this as resolved now - I was just curious (or nosey!).

Penny

PurplePenny 01:38 30 Dec 03

... and thanks to everyone else who replied :-)

Ian - Time 09:27 30 Dec 03

Just to let you guys know that Time still do have a presence in this forum, but I only tend to post if someone is experiencing problems or has any queries directly relating to Time.

As the FE says 'we're not here to host "my computers are better than your computers" type threads or posts.'

If you do have any queries regarding Time then you can contact me directly ([email protected]) and I will try to help you.

Hope you all have a great New Year

Ian

BaronR 11:52 30 Dec 03

I have only seen MESH a few times, but evesham seem to have posted loads of stuff in this section of the site.

Am I missing something leo49?

leo49 12:00 30 Dec 03

That's completely opposite to my experience but there again that's the first time I remember seeing your screenname - I really must remember to look up the symptoms of that malady the doctor mumbled something about the last time I saw him....Alzheimer something...

Poweroid 15:18 30 Dec 03

Poweroid.com are still very much around :-) though I don't get to come here as often as I'd like.

We do post sometimes but we avoid posting in threads that do not specifically mention our company by name.

We are happy to address any customer service issue whether you approach us directly via the addresses posted on our websites - or contact us via this forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…