Which TV card should I get ?

erkmatrix 18:20 14 Aug 06

Thinking of getting a TV tuner card for my new PC and seen Twinhan DTV Digital + Analog Freeview TV Tuner PCI card selling on ebay for £42

Also the seller has TWINHAN USB 2.0 DIGITAL TV FREEVIEW TUNER MAGIC BOX for an extra £24 saying it enhances the signal.

Can anyone give me advice if I need both for a decent bit of kit or another product that you may use and find good.

Also it will work with my new PCI express BFG 3DFuzion GeForce 7600 GT 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/DVI graphics card If I decide to get this one.

Cheers
Philip

Stuartli 19:59 14 Aug 06

I have the Twinhan DTB-ter D+A PCI card, but you can get it cheaper than that price.

The only thing to remember is to ditch the supplied PowerCinema software (it was a stop gap) and use the latest BDA drivers and software from the Twinhan.com website (its model number is 3054).

Even better is ShowShifter with the same BDA drivers (I use both) but, unlike the Twinhan software, you can't have a small screen showing on top of open Windows...:-(

Not sure about the claim for the USB stick version regarding the signal - many find the aerial OK but get better results by using a proper TV aerial input.

erkmatrix 20:27 14 Aug 06

Hi Stuart where could I get it cheaper please, I've looked around and most were £50 or more

Stuartli 22:55 14 Aug 06
  Stuartli 23:00 14 Aug 06

Also:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…