Which of these 2 PCs is best?

rsbadger15 13:10 25 Jul 10

Hey, new here...

looking at buying a new PC.
have a budget of around £600 and thinking of going for the "home made" ebay route to get more bang for my buck.

have narrowed it down to these two and would love your opinions on them:

click here

click here

im leaning towards the first one, and asking them to add windows 7 for an extra £80.

i feel like the I5 is a newer CPU but the AMD has a much higher GHz speed right?

any light or thoughts you can shed on this will be really appreciated. thanks!
R

rsbadger15 13:13 25 Jul 10

I should also add... i need this for work. mainly running multiple Adobe programs, design and FTP access. so graphics is important as I have two 24" full HD monitors.

BRYNIT 16:43 25 Jul 10

I personally try to find as much information before I would making any choice but after a quick search I personally would go for the Intel i5.

The reasons are:
Although the the AMD is slightly faster under testing there seams to be little difference overall click here the Intel does use less power.

The AMD bundle only has DDR2 ram. The Intel is bundled with DDR3 ram. Faster memory may make the Intel run faster than the AMD.

After a further read it looks like the AMD bundle has integrated Nvdia Geforce 8200 Graphics with only VGA AND DVI output. This would put me off as I don't like integrated video cards.

Other may go for the AMD. Eventually you will need to make your choice but would suggest reading carefully what is in the bundle and check on who you would be purchasing the computer from before making a choice.

rickf 18:17 25 Jul 10

The I5 as you say has a newer CPU but it also has a better craphics caerd which may be important to you as you are into graphics. Of the 2 companies, however, I prefer the first one selling the AMD Quad. Check it put with them if they cpould match the specs of the other co. and compare the price.

rsbadger15 20:37 25 Jul 10

thanks a lot!
i've just emailed the better company and asked if they could match the other tech spec and how prices would compare...i'll let you know what they say :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017