Which tablet should I buy?

cas5090 10:54 AM 01 Oct 12

I have been researching, reading reviews, getting advice and I am still undecided.

I do not want an ipad, I definitely want the Android OS, and have sort of narrowed it down a bit but have a few questions.

The tablets I am hovering between are the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and the Asus Transformer T300.

1) I know both machines have the Android Ice Cream Sandwich version, are both going to be upgradable to Jelly Bean?

2) Can I buy a detachable keyboard for the Galaxy Note and if so, what does it cost?

I will mainly use the tablet for web surfing and posting on various forums, researching stuff, not gaming. I have some disabilities which is the main reason I want a tablet, it will be far easier to use lying down or slobbing in an armchair than my current laptop.

All answers/advice welcomed, thanks in advance

Woolwell 13:04 PM 01 Oct 12

You can add to your hover list the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

Samsung's own keyboard Amazon

Forum Editor 14:42 PM 01 Oct 12

"it will be far easier to use lying down or slobbing in an armchair than my current laptop."

It certainly will.

My personal choice would be the Asus Transformer TF300T. it's fast, well-built, and you can get a very neat docking station that turns it into a laptop lookalike.

cas5090 15:01 PM 01 Oct 12

Thanks for those replies.

Any idea re the jelly bean?

Cheers :)

Forum Editor 18:39 PM 01 Oct 12

I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you.... Asus is rolling out the Jelly Bean update today. Samsung should be doing the same thing in about a month, but that's me saying that - as far as I know there hasn't been an official statement, although I could be wrong.

cas5090 20:23 PM 01 Oct 12

Ah right, thanks for that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…