which surround speakers? under £150

John Watling 22:15 06 Apr 05

im looking to purchase a creative labs audigy 2 zs notebook for my fujitsu siemens amilo a series but im not sure which surround speakers to get with it. im looking for something under 100 quid if possible but a max of £150

phoenix198 23:51 06 Apr 05

If by surround speakers you mean 5.1 speakers, I can recommend the Logitech Z-5300 Speakers 5.1 click here for £125.01 including shipping.

Starfox 00:15 07 Apr 05

These are the ones I use click here but I'm not a music buff I just use them for games and they are quite good.

If you want better try click here

John Watling 10:30 07 Apr 05

by surround i mean anything from 5.1 to 7.1, what do you think of the creative labs inspire T5900. Those logitech speakers look very nice.

GaT7 16:03 07 Apr 05

Purchase speakers direct from the Creative website (FREE P+P): click here

UK Price comparison for Speakers: 5.1 models (sorted by ascending prices) click here= & 7.1 models click here=.

I purchased 'refurbished' Creative 2.1 slim 2700 speakers for half-price* (incl. P+P) from Ebay from this seller click here, who seems to be doing some very good deals at the moment.

I say 'refurbished' because as far as I could tell (apart from the original box which was a bit tatty) the speakers, cables, manual, etc were like NEW. And they arrived by courier in a day!

If you have a particular make/model in mind do a search or click on one of the links below to see all the listings in that category. You can also use the "Sort by:" facility to sort by 'Price: lowest first' or 'Condition: new first' & so on. If you can't be bothered with an auction click the "Buy It Now" tab.

Some helpful Ebay SEARCH links (make sure to put a tick in "Search title and description" to find more items):

1. Computing > Peripherals > Multimedia > Speakers list/search page: click here

2. Home Audio > Hi Fi > Speakers list/search page (will contain computer speakers as well): click here

3. Ebay MAIN search page (for a wider search): click here

Good luck with your purchase. G

Jdoki 17:18 07 Apr 05

Creative Inspire T7700 would get my vote - or the T7900, although they are exactly the same except for the front center speaker being changed from vertical to horizontal stand.

Very impressed with the range and quality, and they are 7.1 which does make a nice difference in games that support it.

The T7900 should be going for well under 80quid.

Ebuyer.co.uk currently has the TD7700 for under 150quid - this is an axcellent bundle as it comes with the T7700 speakers and the DDTS-100 decoder, which allows up to 8 devices (DVD player, games consoles, PC etc) to be connected to the one set of speakers.

John Watling 23:11 07 Apr 05

do the logitech speakers mentioned before have the correct connections for use with the notebook soundcard?

i don't really know much about that sort of thing, which is why im swayed toward creative, seeing as they will be easy to connect to a soundcard of the same brand.

also is it possible to connect the T7900 speaker to games consoles without the extra price of a decoder by just switching round the connections? because the price of the creative is what i like about them. Seeing as the logitech has all the stuff to connect the speakers to a console and thx certified and 280 watts for 125, is it worth the extra for a decoder on otherwise less powerfull speakers?

Jdoki 09:25 08 Apr 05

The decoder is required to connect to games consoles.

John Watling 12:16 08 Apr 05

o thanks, i think ill opt for the logitech speakers because they come with connectors to connect my xbox, as long as they will connect to the sound card that is.

The Logitech speakers will connect to your soundcard, infact almost any PC speakers will - they use universal connections, not brand specific ones.

However, I would personally go for a Creative set. They seem to have the edge over Logitech in audio

This set click here has a video game adapter and can be bought from Komplett for £109 click here.

Good luck with whichever set you choose.

Dave

John Watling 11:23 10 Apr 05

those creative speakers look cool, but the specs seem almost exactly the same as the creative inspire T5900 which are half the price!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…