Which Speakers

lester1 22:58 15 Feb 03

I've just installed a Soundblaster live card and would like a reasonable set of speakers.Anyone got some suggestions?

Andsome 09:02 16 Feb 03

Speakers are a difficult subject to comment on. Peoples tastes vary too much. Some like a sharp brilliant sound and some prefer a warm smooth sound. I think that you will have to visit a shop and explain what sort of sound you prefer, and listen to some samples if possible. I know that this is not over helpfull, but when I last bought Hi-fi speakers, I just did not like the recommended best buy in the Hi-fi magazine, and settled for a pair which recieved less of a rave review.

« Ravin » 10:41 16 Feb 03

since you're using a soundblaster card you could go for the creative inspire range of speakers. quite good sound. the basic set is the 2.1 version , would recommend the 4.1 and you can go higher for better sound quality. others prefer the cambrige soundworks range too.

have a look at this similar thread on speakers click here

and you can look at the speaker section of the creative site click here

Mr Scone 11:52 16 Feb 03

Creative inspire 5.1 5300 - Good speakers at a good price click here or click here (click on speakers at the top)

MS

Djohn 12:22 16 Feb 03

As Andsome says, an individual thing! I have a Soundblaster 5.1 card and a set of Videologic ZXR 500 speakers, and for the price of approximately £60-00 I think they will be hard to beat, very happy with the sound quality. J.

cheapskate2k 16:21 16 Feb 03

Ive had both the zxr 500s and creative 5300s, I would say that the videologics are better. They came with a pc that went back after a week. They also feel higher quality than the creatives, the only catch being they dont have a remote control. Or just plug your pc into your hifi, depending on your hifi the quality should be better.

lester1 20:24 16 Feb 03

Thank's for your help I'll check out your recommendations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…