Which SoundCard Should Go In My New Computer?

Big L 266 22:26 28 Jan 09

Hello. I've decided to settle on the purchase of a Medion PC System P6867. My old computer has an old Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro soundcard it in which I would ideally like to update.I've been on the Creative website,but I cannot see a natural successor to this fine product which incorporates Dolby and DTS within an onboard soundcard. Of the ones that do appear to have Dolby,it seems that this is only obtained by downloading a free software programme from America after an onboard soundcard purchase.I may have been reading this wrong though.

My question is this:based on my chosen (as yet not purchased) computer system, what on-board sound card system would you recommend that would allow me to play all my music through my expensive hi fi system please in glorius Dolby digital and why? My budget for the sound card is around £175 and am only looking for a high-end one to reproduce my music as faithfully as can be done.

Any help, suggestions and ecommendations would be very warmly welcomed. I thank you in advance for any kindness you can extend to me in my search.

GaT7 00:18 29 Jan 09

Check out the range of cards from Auzentech click here (PCI & PCI-E) & Asus Xonar click here (PCI-E) & click here (PCI). G

GaT7 00:18 29 Jan 09

They get very good reviews. G

carver 07:42 29 Jan 09

This should have every thing you need for a decent system click here=

If you give some details about the Hi Fi system you have and the make and model of speakers, also what cable do you run for your speakers, doing that will enable people to have a better idea of you needs.

carver 07:55 29 Jan 09

Sorry put wrong link down, try this one

click here

carver 08:05 29 Jan 09

Or this click here

canarieslover 11:59 29 Jan 09

Please get confirmation that there is a spare PCI-E slot on the motherboard of the Medion before you order it. Their website does not give the specification of the motherboard but they are often not as well specified as 'over the counter' ones. They have to save money somewhere to give so much computer for the price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…