Which socket mobo type?

Diodorus Siculus 13:14 09 May 05

In looking for a new mobo, should I go for Socket 754 0r Socket 939? In short, what I want to know is which is the more "futureproof" insofar as anything ever is in computing?

Thanks as always,

961 14:14 09 May 05

939 is the future proof jobby, as much as these things ever are. Make sure it has pci express for the video card. Some of them don't have this yet

Joe R 14:34 09 May 05

Diodorus Siculus,

as 961 states, socket 939, is as future-proof as you can get just now.

I recently purchased one of these boards and have recommended it to a few people. It has a superb onboard 7.1 sound function (helped enormously by the nforce4 mcp drivers),
and if you have a side window, has an infre red display module, which can inform you about every aspect, of your bootup and normal day to day running.

click here

Diodorus Siculus 15:16 09 May 05

Thanks gusy; that'w what I thought but just wanted to double check.

Diodorus Siculus 15:21 09 May 05

Thanks too, Joe R for your recommendation. I will consider it - seems a nice price.

I was actually looking at an ASUS which was reviewed in PCPro recently with very good suggestions but it was about £40 more.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted - I don't jump too quick into these things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…