Which SD Memory Card

old-timer 16:14 10 Nov 03

Have just purchased a Kodak DX6440, and require a 128mb SD card. Looking at the market I am confused as to which is the bestn (If any). Any recommendations for manufacturer and supplier appreciated

mikef. 16:52 10 Nov 03

There really isn't much difference between ones sold by reputable sellers I get mine, OK it's for my PDA but it makes no difference, from click here

mikef. 16:55 10 Nov 03

Forgot to say there is supposed to be a shortage at the moment so prices have gone up and some sellers can not apparently guarantee immediate delivery at the moment

Stuartli 17:52 10 Nov 03

If absolute speed is not essential and your Secure Digital card using camera is compatible with MultiMedia cards (MMC), you can save a little by using this alternative. But make sure that the camera is compatible..:-)

I use both types in my Minolta Dimage E203 and don't notice all that much difference speed wise.

However, SD cards have become much closer in price these days to the MMC type.

wags 22:29 10 Nov 03

I think you will find that all SD cards irrespective of "brand",are manufactured by a very small handful of companies (as with the other cards)and hence they will not generally differ in quality, so shop around for the best deal. Mikef's advice re 7 Day shop is good as their prices are competitive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…