Which routers are locked into an ISP? (eg BT)

keewaa 16:01 01 Mar 06

Does anyone know which of the BT routers are locked into BT and can't be used with other ISP?

And are any other ISPs locking in the home networking equipment they supply to themselves only ?

Sibbo 11:24 02 Mar 06

I don't think that routers are locked to an ISP.

welshwizard712 11:39 02 Mar 06

Hi,

Routers cannot be ISP blocked lol

ISP's use the same VCI, PPPoA protocals. Maybe branded to an ISP but never restricted.

keewaa 22:16 02 Mar 06

Well I have seen people having problems trying to use the 2091 with other ISPs click here

<<<<<<<<<< The main page started getting a lot of non-205 action, particularly folk looking for ways to unlock the BT Voyager 2091 router to use with another ISP. Then it turns out that BT are adding this "capability" to other routers in their range. We know the 220V has been similarly nobbled, and perhaps others.

Here is a place, then, to share what we know so far. As we learn things, I will endeavour to put the information up here where you can easily get at it. Please note, I do not personally offer support or advice for non-205 routers, simply provide a space where efforts to understand and hack these beasts can be coordinated. At this time, not a great deal is know. (Ahh, but see below!)

What we know so far..
BT has started putting ISP-Locks on their routers. For a company that claims to be evironmentally friendly, this surely-criminal practice aims to create a mountain hardware that's soul function will be to pollute the environment. >>>>>>>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017