Which Router should I buy

whatchamacallit 13:12 11 Apr 04

Hi to all

Looking to buy new broadband Router,

The price range around £45

Well which one have you got, would you recommend yours,

wallbash 18:49 11 Apr 04

Nobody seems to be in a rush to champion their Router, so I will give you my views.I'm with NTL and have had Broadband for over a year. With two young daughters, have networked the house, three machines with option for another lap-top. When i started to look into which router, a good friend first ask some questions, i.e. dedicated print server ? wireless ? cost? ease of set up!
I required the print server , but not the wireless, so I settled for a SMC Barricade 7004abr. But this one is way above your price requirment. I would find a forum dedicated to networking, which concentrates on there/your isp provider, and find what they recommend. Networking does not always work straight from the box.

spuds 19:49 11 Apr 04

Perhaps worth a browse click here click here click here

whatchamacallit 02:46 12 Apr 04

Wallbash, Thanks for the info, I have looked on the web, found a few site`s that have help me,
The Linksys befsr41 broadband Router, looks good for what I want. Good company and backup if needed, and the price is very nice on the pocket.

Thank`s Spuds, for your link`s very helpful.

PS, Does anyone use the Linksys BEFSR41 Router,
does it do what it said`s on the box.

all your feedback will help in the long run.

thank`s for your time.

bremner 13:18 12 Apr 04

I think the reality is they are all pretty much of a muchness.

I have installed Belkin, Linksys and a Netgear all without problem either on install or since.

Sir Radfordin 15:42 12 Apr 04

If its an ADSL router you are after then this may do the job:

click here

Suggested it to someone who needed a router and I managed to set it up over the phone (talking them though each step) and to this day I still haven't seen the thing. It works just fine.

alan227 12:36 13 Apr 04

I bought a D-Link 4 port router it only cost £28.00 and works perfectly.

whatchamacallit 13:40 13 Apr 04

Thank you for all the help,

Iam going for the Linksys Befsr41

Thank`s again to all.

SEASHANTY 16:45 16 Apr 04

On NTL 600k BB and have been using the Linksys BEFSR41 for the past year with no problems. The setup wizard to checkout this router is here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…